Sunday, August 7, 2011

Over the weekend...

On Friday I got to skip out on work and volunteer (relax in the sun with my friends!) at my company's golf tournament all day. This was my 5th year in a row, and I have to say, we always have a pretty good time :)

On Saturday morning we went to Seattle to say goodbye to Elliot. Josh and Emily (and Elliot) are moving to Chicago in a couple weeks and we all got together for dinner. Gallie really adores Elliot - she was so grateful to spend time with him. It's sad to try to explain to her she won't be able to see him for a long time, but she's a good girl and understands. Gallie loves you Elliot!

Earlier in the day we were able to get a little shopping done (I really needed jeans!) and stopped by our friends house so Gallie could see Ella and Ady and stretch her legs. It was a pretty full day :)

Sunday was my unofficial b-day celebration (since I work on Tuesday) and Gallie and I got breakfast in bed while we watched Wonder Pets. Then we got ready and went to the park to take pictures for the banner of my new blog - I should have a sneak peak of them ready this week - they turned out pretty cute!

In the afternoon we went up to my mom & dad's for my b-day dinner. They live in Birch Bay and they were having some festivities at the marina. We were wanting to go on one of the free boat rides, but the waits were too long for the girls, so they opted for some bouncing :)

My dinner this year was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO delicious! It was the perfect summer meal: stuffed bell peppers, grilled zuchinni (from the garden), corn on the cob, cottage cheese w/ tomatos and cucumbers, hot dogs (for the kids, of course), and the highlight... homemade grilled JALAPENO POPPERS wrapped in bacon!!! I can't even put in words how good they were. My mom is going to be sorry for making them because now everyone's going to want them with every meal!

Hermiston watermelon!

And dessert :) My mom also made a rhubarb crisp... mmmmmmm.

The end of the evening was spent outside in the orchard eating apples, picking blackberries, and having races.


It was a pretty great early birthday! 2 more days till 30 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment