Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fishtail Braid Tutorial

Many people have commented on my imperial braiding skills :)  I've especially been complemented on the fishtail braid and asked many times how to do it.  It really is just about as easy as a basic braid.  Here's what to do:

Divide the hair into 2 even sections.  I don't bother to part it exactly down the middle - just wing it.  This braid looks better if it's a little messy anyway!


Take a small section from the outside of the right side.


Pull that small section over to the left.


Now take a small section from the outside of the left side.  It takes a bit of hand maneuvering to keep all of the hair in place for the fist few strands, but you get the hang of it quickly.


Pull the small section over to the right.


Repeat these steps until you are at the bottom of the braid.



And that's all there is to it!  You have a less than 1 minute braid (I timed it!) that looks like you spent 20!


You can also pull it apart a bit to get that messy look that I hear is "in" right now :)


Thanks, Gallie, for being my hair model!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment