Monday, September 12, 2011

A hard fall...

Gallie took quite a tumble Friday night on the blacktop - darned flip flops!  It was quite traumatic for her to see the blood on her knees and she wouldn't even look at it.  She cried (shrieked!) for about 3 hours straight, even after we gave her Tylenol.  She also cried for about 2 hours the next morning saying that she couldn't walk or put her legs straight - even though she slept with them straight all night :)  I was very consoling to her the first 1/2 hour, but I feel like I was a bit mean (more like stern) the rest of the time.  I know it probably hurt pretty bad, but I'm trying to toughen her up a bit - last week she broke out in tears over a paper cut :)

I also was a bit "mean" during dinner last night when she wouldn't even try the chicken pot pie I slaved over all afternoon.  Caleb wanted to send her to bed without anything (she did eat all of her cottage cheese and peaches), but I just couldn't do it and gave her a bowl of cereal.  Then to top it off - I was doing the dishes and Caleb was doing some work stuff when we heard crying.  Gallie was sitting in her closet with the door closed sobbing.  When we asked her what was wrong she said everyone was ignoring her!  We tried to explain to her that sometimes parents have chores to do and kids have to play by themselves (we really do play with her a good chunk of the time - and maybe that's the problem!).

It's sometimes hard to know what to do in these kind of situations.  It's very rare that I get frustrated or impatient, but I guess it was just one of those days.



No comments:

Post a Comment