Sunday, January 22, 2012

Over the weekend...

As previously mentioned, Gallie and Lily had a sleepover at our house Friday night.  They were both asleep by 8:30 so Caleb and I finished up the 3rd season of Sons of Anarchy - that show is honestly way too violent for me, but the story line is pretty intense and addicting!

Saturday morning we decided to take the girls out for a bit - we went to lunch at Fiamma Burger (Caleb and I shared a veggie burger and the girls shared a hot dog) and then we took them to the B'ham Children's Museum.  The girls did have a lot of fun, but I have to say it's so not worth the price.  We went there once like 2 years ago and 99 percent of the exhibits were the same - plus, you can go to the Seattle one for the same cost, and it's way better!  Ok, enough complaining :)



On Sunday we went to church and then had donuts afterwards with my Mom, Libby, Meast, Lily, and Luca (shown below giving Gallie a kiss!).  The rest of the afternoon we cleaned our house to get ready to start showing it.  Then Caleb's grandpa came up and took us out to dinner at Anthony's* - not too shabby of a day :)


Speaking of Anthony's... there kid's menu, although delicious to me, has nothing on it Gallie will touch.  Actually I am pretty disappointed in the kid's menus at every restaurant we go to.  Who wants to feed their kids a huge bowl of mac & cheese with nothing else?  I wouldn't even serve this at home not to mention pay $6.95 for it!  Plus Gallie doesn't care for most things on kid's menus - she doesn't like french fries or greasy things like that (although she will eat a hot dog for breakfast, lunch, & dinner :)).  So I've started ordering anything I see on the menu and ask them to serve it in a kid's meal portion.  For example, tonight I ordered sauteed Oregon bay shrimp, plain pasta, and their fresh vegetable (they gave me a choice of green beans or zucchini - Gallie chose zucchini).  So far I've had no problems with this plus Gallie and I are both happy with what she's eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment