Thursday, June 28, 2012

House Tour Part 2

The kitchen - the kitchen was the most fun to design.  I pretty much lived on Pinterest for 3 months!  I really love how the sea green turned out and also really love the sink :)  Another favorite is the open shelving.



My beloved cake plate collection :)



The beginning of my window herb garden.





Gallie's play room - We put this little room downstairs so Gallie could have a place to play and to also keep the toys in one area.  I tried to make it look like a little house and think it turned out pretty cute.  We still have a few things to hang on the walls and I would like to add another rug the same size but in a different color.



Caleb and I are in the process of making her a little coffee stand to put in here as well.  Caleb has been saving some of his coffee stuff and we're making some other things to go with it.


This is one of my favorite things Gallie has made!


The entry way -  We love having a place to hang our coats and bags when we come in the door.  We had a coat closet at the condo, but for some reason everything ended up on the floor for me to put away - I guess opening a door was too much effort for some people :)



The backyard - we negotiated the swing set and garden boxes in with the house deal and I'm so glad we did!  It was nice to have it all ready for us to use when we moved in.  The swing set has been so nice for Gallie (and me!  I love swinging!).  We put her little outdoor chair in the fort, along with a crate for a table.  I also gave her some of my plastic picnic dishes to keep out there - she loves it!


And our garden is actually growing!  We planted the following:  strawberries, blueberries, squash (spaghetti & acorn), lemon cucumbers, tomatoes (4 varieties), golden beets, regular beets, rainbow chard, lettuce, basil, parsley, and wild flowers.  We've been making salads from garden lettuce for the past week!




I will hopefully have the rest of the house up in the next week or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment