Wednesday, June 27, 2012

House Tour Part 1

I'm finally getting around to posting some photos of the new house!  I'm hoping to get more up tomorrow.  We are still working on our bedroom, the dining room, and the living room so those will have to wait a couple weeks!

We were very lucky and pretty much got to design the house, inside and out.  Everyone knows I'm addicted to everything coastal, so my hope for this house was for it to resemble a beach house.  I'm really happy with how it turned out :)

**********************************

The downstairs bathroom - I really wanted to try and make each room in the house unique in some way.    For this small bathroom, we painted it sea green and added the white panels up the wall.


Heading upstairs (the downstairs was a mess when I was taking these pictures, so the rest will be upstairs!).  I definitely wanted the stairs to turn as they went up for safety reasons.


Caleb's boy cave (Gallie heard him say "man cave" and renamed it his "boy cave") - this is the only area in the house that he got any say in :)  It doesn't really go with my coastal theme, but I actually really liked what he did with it.  The bookcase was the only piece of new furniture we bought for the house.  Man, we had a lot of stuff crammed into that tiny condo!!!  He filled it with old books, records, cameras and crap cool stuff like that.  (haha Gallie tried to sneak her way into every picture!)


Gallie's bathroom - which is also the guest bathroom.  We added glass knobs on the drawers and cupboards.  All of the doors in the house have glass knobs - one of my favorite additions.


Gal picked out the light fixtures - they are seashell.



The guestroom - and we've already had 3 different guests stay in here!  The bed is Gallie's old bed, with a boxspring added for height.  The nightstand belonged to my grandpa - my dad gave it to me like 10 years ago and I painted it light green.  I made the garland with old fabric scraps Molly gave me.



We really want to make this room like a hotel!  Caleb wants to add a little coffee station (of course, he would.) in the desk.  And possible a TV?  We are taking reservations :)



Gallie's room - she chose to have it the same color as her old room.  I thought that was sweet.  And it does actually remind me of her old room, which I love.  Her new bed is actually her old bed!  It was Molly's when she was little.  The only new thing we got for her room is the bedding - it was a splurge from Land of Nod :)





The linen closet - Gallie really wanted me to take a picture of her and tell everyone that she can fit inside it with the door closed :)


The laundry room - I LOVE the W&D!  They are huge and I don't have to do as much laundry because I can shove so many clothes in them!  The rug was a housewarming gift from my grandma - it's from Etsy.


Our $3 Ikea laundry baskets fit perfect!


Master bath - this room gets so much light!  And the tub is nice - Gallie loves it!



More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment