Thursday, November 15, 2012

Blessings in a Backpack

For awhile now, we've been trying to find a volunteering activity for Callie to do with us.  I first heard about Blessings in a Backpack from someone at my work - they pack bags of food each week for kids in need, then deliver it to the school on Fridays so they have plenty to eat on the weekends.  It really is a great program.  We've been helping for four weeks now and Callie loves it!  She is actually really good at filling the bags and gets really into it - one week she was even singing to herself as she loaded them up :)  And she definitely understands that we are helping out kids who may not have as much as we do, which was why I wanted her to do it with me.  If anyone else wants to join in, just let me know!  (It's only about a one hour commitment each week)

No comments:

Post a Comment